Thursday, May 3, 2007

AC Milan Are Kaka (too easy, too easy)

What about those Rossoneri? Man, alive, I was watching the tie in the caf and there were only a few other people there. After the Seedorf goal, some new guy walked up and he wanted to know who had scored. This guy was talking about Kaka's brilliant one-touch finish and then he said, "And Clarence Seedorf scored. I don't even know how he did it. He was falling over a guy and he just kind of hit it on the bounce... I can't explain it; you have to see it." It really is one of those goals that cannot be explained.

Liverpool are in serious trouble.

Now, to MLS and my previews. I'm going to blow through these because this week still doesn't interest me, as the only match I'll catch is tonight's. I just can't get that excited about teams that I've never seen play and that I won't be able to see play for another two weeks.

The Revs v. DC - 1-2, goals by Twellman and Luciano Emilio, should be good, nationally-televised, I cannot wait to see DC win their first match of the season.

Crew v. KC - 0-2, goals by some new guy and EJ. I like KC, they're my backup team, as in baseball, and EJ should be every child's hero. Besides, KC will be BBQ-powered for this match. (And Onalfo, how good has he been so far?)

Energy Drink v. Fake SL - 3-0, goals by who knows, but with Ellinger finally gone, it's going to be a long road this year and Checketts should be glad the league doesn't have relegation yet (but your day is coming, mediocrity).

Las Naranjas v. Crapids - 0-0, with goals by

The Goats v. DC - 1-2, goals by Razov and Emilio and maybe someone else (Moreno?). Once DC gets the bug, they're going to win a lot, and the bad luck will fall to a Chivas side still reeling from the "SuperClasico," which is about the most ridiculous name MLS has come up with for anything so far.

The Reds v. the Revs - 3-0, this is a very hard one to call, and I'm just falling back on my standby score, but with Mapp questionable and the history (even this season), it's going to be hard for us to get even a point in New England. Expect lots of "graft" and even more fouls than the usual NE game. Is Franchino back yet? (see below)

The game to watch is tonight's ESPN2 match, 'twixt the Revs and DC. I think this match could also decide Sunday's against the Fire: if the Revs are solidly defeated by DC, we'll have an easier time. So, I guess I want DC to win.

Player to watch: Mapp, because his wincing expressions as he sees his team lose with him on the bench should be very entertaining. Here's to his fast recovery. Also: Emilio, Twellman, Dasan Robinson, Joseph and DeRo (to break their slumps).

That's all for now.

No comments: